Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1 (gold) and 2.0.18.11 (security patch for 2.0)
Ready for 2.1? Find out if your favorite plugins are compatible.
The 2.0 branch will no longer receive updates after Dec 2014.

New Guy Looking For Answers

XarcellXarcell
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

I have been eye-balling Vanilla for awhile. I love the layout of it, with a category list and all the topics listed. It eliminates the need for a breadcrumb. I believe it to be ahead of the curve in that manner, but it seems alot of traditional forum user's don't like it. I think given time, they will come around...

My biggest hurdle to make the switch to Vanilla is the editor. There is yet a decent editor out there that I've seen for a forum/bbs, except for the one here using markdown(WYSISWM), but it doesn't seem to come with the default installation and I cannot locate the plugin for it. When will it become accessible?

Also, in order for me to make the switch from xenForo to vanilla, I will need a few things(that I can't already find).

• I need to be able to "float" in my posts, will I be able to add this?
  • I need to be able to embed YouTube videos in posts, and others if possible. I can't seem to find a plugin for it either.
  • I've fallen in love with xenForo's alert system. Does Vanilla have anything similar to this? Basically, you get an alert when someone replies to your posts or quotes you.

Thanks.

Comments