Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

set default profile tab

ChiOneChiOne New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

How to set default profle tab? Now i have Notifivation.

Is there such Config? Or i must use a hook?. Is there a document where i can see all of items that i can configure through conf?

Best Answer

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

Very good question. I had a look at the controller and you would have to do this with redirects.

Got to /dashboard/routes and "Add Route"

Route Expression

^profile(/(?!activity|notifications|discussions)([0-9]/)?[^/]*?/?)$

Target

profile/discussions$1

Type

Internal

Note that example redirects to discussions.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

Very good question. I had a look at the controller and you would have to do this with redirects.

Route Expression

Target

profile/discussions$1

Type

Internal

grep is your friend.

• Options

Oh, routes! Thanks! )

• Options
    fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

@x00

interesting. what do you mean by "i had to look at the controller"? how do i look at the controller? i am using your (awesome!) plugin 'myprofile' and now that i know i can change this i would like to redirect it to the "About User" tab.

• Options

vanilla/library/core/class.router.php should give you some ideas on how to create the route expression.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited June 2012

x00 said:

Route Expression

Target

profile/discussions$1

Type

Internal

@x00
    just want to let you know that since i put in this route many profile links did not work anymore. noticed when a community member let me know today that when clicking the link to upload/change a profile picture it said 'page could not be found' .. same for other profile-links.. (like change password)

• Options

try

^profile(/(?!activity|notifications|discussions|edit|password|invitations)([0-9]/)?[^/]*?/?)$

grep is your friend.

• Options

oh i did not notice your reply until now. thanks! will try in a week when i'm back online