Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Having trouble (how do I solve BONK errors?)*

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just installed Vanilla. I then installed the WP plugin. Then, I took the SSO page from WP and installed this plugin in Vanilla and copy/pasta'd the data available.

However I see no indication that it is working -- if I sign into WP and go to Vanilla or vice versa, I'm only signed into the first one. If I "test" via the Vanilla admin panel, it just bumps me to the front page of my WP install and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

@tyskkvinna you can see past the Bonk by adding these lines to your config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

If you still get the bonk page without details, then something went wrong. You need to either add or change these lines in your conf/config.php
    all details are in the page from my signature. Without details we cannot help.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options

I have now gotten it so that the username shows up in Vanilla, but if I click "sign in as (user)" I get a "bork!" page with no information as to what is failing. As this point I've been trying a few different plugins on both sides. I'm really unclear as to what is required to make this work. Old forum post suggestions as to how it worked are a little vague and don't work.

• Options
    Answer ✓

@tyskkvinna you can see past the Bonk by adding these lines to your config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

• Options

Hmm. This seems to have no change on the Bonk error when I try to login (either with a test user account or an admin account). It still just says Bonk. Is there somewhere else I look to see what the error is?

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

If you still get the bonk page without details, then something went wrong. You need to either add or change these lines in your conf/config.php
    all details are in the page from my signature. Without details we cannot help.

• Options

sigh

I don't know how I can give you details of what's going on if it won't give ME details. I folllowed the instructions, I edited the file with precisely the lines suggested, and it just gives me the generic bonk page.

• Options

Okay - it worked when I edited the file in config-defaults.php but not config.php

And from there I was able to find where it was failing -- a folder in the cache -- so I re-chmodded the cache directory, and it appears to work now.

• Options

Thanks for the follow up.