Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Image button inserts !() instead of ![](). Strikeout inserts -- instead of <del></del>

zaneperryzaneperry New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I appreciate any help with this issue. I have tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling it with no luck.

Answers

• I was able to manually fix the image one by editing buttonbar.js and changing

case 'image': var thisOpts = $.extend(markdownOpts, { prefix:'!', opentag:'(', closetag:')', opener:'', closer:'' });

to

case 'image': var thisOpts = $.extend(markdownOpts, { prefix:'!', opentag:'[](', closetag:')', opener:'', closer:'' });

Why would I need to make this change though? What did I do to break this?

• Sure enough the strike says

case 'strike':
    $(TextArea).insertRoundTag('-',markdownOpts);
    break;

which would lead to --

• zaneperryzaneperry New
    edited June 2012

I changed it to fix.

Strange,

I just opened up the file in the zip file I downloaded and it does not have the code I had before which was incorrect. I am at a loss to what happened. I will try to reupload again.

• What is the escape key for code ' characters?

• After investigating further I see that the simple html switch statement produces the
    <del></del>

code

and the Markdown code is in fact meant to insert

--

I assume this is an issue with button bar that vanillaforums.org folks have caught on to.