Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Allowing users to start polls, but not edit them

ghurleyghurley New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there a way to set permissions such that regular users can start polls but not edit them?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    SheilaSheila ✭✭

This would be really appreciated feature. All thou I trust my users, the ability to edit polls is also just some what comfusing to many of them and un needed.

• Options

It's probably not a good idea to give members permissions to create polls with this plugin, as a big security flaw was just raised: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20583/is-anyone-concerned-about-this-has-this-been-tested

• Options

@Cerealek‌ @peregrine‌ I discover that poll permission if set to 'manage' for members role, all members can edit, reset or delete polls that are not created by them. Could somewhat help out.

• Options

@peregrine‌ Cant think any better name first if I'm in trouble than you. So take me as I am. Thanks for the pointer, I just installed the discussionpolls plugin, it answer it all. You are GEM!

• Options

@peregrine‌ You can't imagine how you are so dearing to me, your prompt response, straight solution and rich knowledge of programming I adore so much. Can't think of a name first for a possible solution without yours first. Thanks for the pointer. I think discussionpolls plugin answer it all. Thanks again!

• Options

@peregrine‌ You can't imagine how you are so dearing to me, your prompt response, straight solution and rich knowledge of programming I adore so much. Can't think of a name first for a possible solution without yours first. Thanks for the pointer. I think discussionpolls plugin answer it all. Thanks again!

• Options

@haryour said:
    peregrine‌ You can't imagine how you are so dearing to me, your prompt response, straight solution and rich knowledge of programming I adore so much. Can't think of a name first for a possible solution without yours first. Thanks for the pointer. I think discussionpolls plugin answer it all. Thanks again!

@hgtonight will be happy to know discussionpolls was the holy grail to your needs.. he wrote discussionpolls.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.