Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Permission denied - Token Verification is required, but failed.

acaiacai New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This really bugs me. I already did the search, the solution that someone provided in another thread is to enable curl-exec, which I already did. But the annoy message shows up every once in a while.

I search the source code, and could not find this string in any source files at all. So anyone know what exactly the problem is?

Thanks,

acai

Answers

• Tell the situation please that you get this error message.
    Did you fill in a form and get the message? Did you log in and get the message?
    Which thread was it that you got the advice to enable curl?
    Is your site embedded in WordPress or 'stand-alone'?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• UnderDog said:
    Tell the situation please that you get this error message.
    Did you fill in a form and get the message? Did you log in and get the message?
    Which thread was it that you got the advice to enable curl?
    Is your site embedded in WordPress or 'stand-alone'?

Thank you UnderDog!

1. I see the message on the home page, no matter login or not.
    2. this thread talking about enable curl, http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/18705/solved-i-have-a-question-that-has-been-asked-but-nobody-seems-to-have-an-answer-for-host-probs
    3. it's stand-alone.
  • Can you PM me a screenshot of what you see, please? Just blur out the things you don't want me to see :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• acaiacai New
    edited June 2012

I figured out the solution, just turn off Vanilla Statistics. Not sure why I could not register API though. And I wrote the Article about this (the link is below). Hope it helps someone else having the same issue.
    http://www.caiapps.com/vanilla-forum-statistics-permission-denied-error/