HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ability to give the credit to original topic starter with split/merge

SheilaSheila ✭✭
edited July 2012 in Feedback

Hi!

I'm not sure, if this is actually a part of the core in future release, but anyhow I have a suggestion that I believe could better user engagement.

Atm when using split/merge -tool topic is split to a new discussion with forum administrator/moderator beeing the new topic starter. I suggest having a option to split messages in a way that the topic starter is the one whos post was the reason for split.

In forums that are based on support (like here) the problem is often opposite, people tend to start new topics without bothering to search first, but in so many other forums that are based on more generic stuff, I've realized during past 10 years as member and or a moderator that people might actually be too shy to start their own topics even when they really should.

Therefore the option to give them credit as a topic starter is imo something that increases their forum engament and user experiment positively. We all like good feedback and this is also a way of giving it :)

Tagged:

Comments