Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to map embedded blog comments to existing discussions

leowuleowu New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am using the Universal Code, not the WordPress plugin.
I used the "vanilla_discussion_id" variable and assigned it to discussion id number. However, when I added a new comment for the first time, it created a new discussion instead of using the discussion I assigned.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I looked at the database and it seems that it can only use the "vanilla_identifier" variable which maps to the "ForeignID" column in the "GDN_Discussion" table.

On a side note, I had no problems mapping to an existing category with the "vanilla_category_id" variable.

Tagged:

Comments

• Same issue here too. I don't know if it's a race-condition or something else. It happens mostly on first comments. e.g. If there are no comments on the page and the two distinct users comments at the same time then I see those comments create separate discussions for the same page instead of being in one.