Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

reCAPTCHA setup not working when creating new Vanilla Forums Membership?

sdroblessdrobles New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Before I am able to create a test post in the forum, I am prompted to create a membership. When I go to create my membership I am prompted to set up "reCAPTCHA" and am prompted to get an API key from https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create.

After following the simple instructions I receive an error.

Tagged:

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

The error being ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• reCatacha requires fsockopen if I remember.

grep is your friend.

• The error I am receiving is

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() (previously declared in /home/sdrobles/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-recaptcha/recaptchalib.php:47) in /home/sdrobles/public_html/forum/library/vendors/recaptcha/functions.recaptchalib.php on line 55"

I get this after I enter the public and private key in the plug in settings and click on the new membership button.

• 422422 Developer MVP

You have it enabled for WP and are including it because you have embedded vanilla, then declaring again for vanilla. You cannot have two instances

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Where can I find specific instructions on how to properly set this up? This is my first experience with this.