HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Assign posts to appear in "Blog" format

zaneperryzaneperry New
edited July 2012 in Feedback

Seems like this would be difficult to implement given the way this appears to work but would there be any way to make it so a user could flag stories? That would allow us to promote stories to the blog without removing them from the forum that the story originated in.

This suggestion stems from a feature I was looking for that this blog plugin fulfills almost completely. I hope you find this feedback useful :)

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20794/vbadvanced-type-plugin

Comments

• You may have to give them moderation permission to assign it to a category.

The mod works by converting a category into a blog format... It may be possible to change it to possibly work on a tag list as well, if you want to try that out, I'll be happy to take a look at a patch :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

How about modifying the default "Flagging" plugin to suit your needs? I know Penny Arcade has done this and given users the ability to flag posts as being "Awesome" after which the mods can add them to a special category, in your case this would be your blog category.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub