Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Current themes on Addons Site with Vanilla 2.1 a 22 (or 23)

UnderDogUnderDog MVP
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi guys,

As you know I'm not much of a theme guy, but I went ahead and downloaded a couple of themes.

I installed some of those themes with the latest Vanilla version from gitHub. (develop branch).

I'm quite impressed with how the current themes are holding up. Couple of menu issues with the annotated theme (I really like those comments inside the CSS file, they help me learn use CSS more...), it's all fine, because I think that the annotated theme needs to be adjusted to .tpl (smarty) anyways, since it's .php at the moment and that will be discouraged for themes with Vanilla 2.1

And I think a couple of themes are duplicate.

There is a theme which is literally called 'MyNewTheme' (don't know where I downloaded it though) and the other one is 'CleanSkin', which is the lessons from @422 in one of his tutorial posts.

Can you guys help with tips for the next step, preparing for 2.1? Do we want the annotations in 'annotated theme', or the lessons in 'CleanSkin' or both? Do we transfer / convert all current themes to .tpl system? Can someone test the 'Traditional Chocolate' theme? Do we build our .css files all the same way? Let's discuss this...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

Shouldnt be any different for tpl or php, css is clientside. So just a case of undersanding new id and class structure. Until its released, i cant help. But when it is i will.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited July 2012

@UnderDog

I've got a version of 2.1, so I'll change the annotated theme template to smarty, and tidy up any of the css that is no longer relevant/ needs changing for release when 2.1 goes live.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Awesome stuff guys. We have changed the html from 2.0.* to 2.1.* and we most likely won't be investing too much time in backwards compatibility. I think most likely I'll be adding a "tested with" list on the addons site so we can start locking down which addons have been tested with which versions of Vanilla.

• And I have a .tar.gz file with lots of addons I wanted to test with Vanilla 2.1, I just don't know if I have them all... The file is only 1,5 Mb in size. I hope everyone knows how to handle .tar.gz files, otherwise I can make a .zip file if necessary.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Any estimated time frame of v 2.1 release so I can update my uploaded theme according to it?

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

aery said:
    Any estimated time frame of v 2.1 release so I can update my uploaded theme according to it?

Version 2.1 will go through a lengthy beta period so you'll have plenty of time.