Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem importing posts from phpbb 3 to Vanilla 2

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I've been trying to export posts from phpbb3 that include bbcode such as [spoiler], [spoiler=], [video], [url=] and the usual nested quotes ([quote], [quote=]).

When importing everything to Vanilla 2; I'm loosing all of the nested quotes (it only preserves the first quote of a post), the same behaviour is observed on url links (it preserves the first tag and link and neglects the links of subsequent tags).

Is it possible for me to edit the importer in order to handle these specifics? Or is there another way?

Comments

• Options

try my version
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15933183/porterplus/porterplus.php

it has a bunch of phpBB fixes.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited July 2012

Thanks @x00, your version seems to fix most of the problems, just a couple of questions.

The "search to replace" boxes do they override/take priority over the "convert bbcode to html" option?

Is there an option for making the "search to replace" boxes convert [quote=""] to @ in one instance?"

• Options
    edited July 2012

Thanks @x00, your version seems to fix most of the problems, just a couple of questions.

The "search to replace" boxes do they override/take priority over the "convert bbcode to html" option?

Is there an option for making the "search to replace" boxes convert [quote="<username>"] to @<username> in one instance?"

P.S.: Sorry for the double post, couldn't make the code show properly in previous post.

P.S. 2: And not on this one either. :(

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2012

notice you can reorder the options, the parsing happens in the or same order of precedence.

You could try something like

<div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile[^>]*>([^<]*)</a> said:</div> ->
    <div class="QuoteAuthor">@$1 said:</div>

grep is your friend.