Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

A new enhanced member list plugin

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Anybody have any comments before I upload this new plugin "MemberList Enhanced"

It paginates, sorts by column, and you can click the user name or photo to go to the profile.

You can also click the discussion count for a user to see the users discussions and click on the comment count to user comments. I intend to have this work for v 2.1 as well as v 2.0.18.4 of vanilla.

The one question I have - Currently I assume the administrators use this. But for members do what columns if any would you show.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Nice. Ooh styling needs sorting ;) looks great though !

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

422 said:

I'm open to suggestions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

nice one!

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

If you have a test forum, i will knock the styling up for you

• Options

Aolee said:
    nice one!

Thanks - I had reservations for a while because I didn't want to interfere with your premium plugin. So I held back. I was developing an application rather than a plugin and the plugin route started by csakip made me turn my attention to developing the plugin.

I have never seen your premium plugin and based on what I see on the discussion board

a) it had no pagination or sorting

b) csakip had no further desire to enhance the plugin

c) I stepped in the middle of suggesting mods for the plugin

d) therefore I decided to make changes myself.

e) At one time I read you considered posting the membersip plugin but you decided not to because it would be unfair to the member who already paid for it.
    So, this it.

• Options

422 said:

I'm open to suggestions.

to view the memberlist enhanced - you need garden user add permissions in the dashboard.

• Options

@422 if you want to download it and make some styling suggestions feel free. Unfortunately, i have no forum.

I based the viewing permission of the member list enhanced on the

to view the memberlist enhanced - you need garden user add permissions in the dashboard.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/memberslistenh-plugin-1.0

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

This is for forum front end yeah ?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

422 said:
    This is for forum front end yeah ?

I'm not sure what you mean. It's just a plugin - you add the usual way.

If you have permissions the member option will appear as a link on your menu, similar to activity and discussions.

Since i put columns in (e.g. email, and ip address, I figures this is sensitive data so A person viewing this must have a role otherwise the option will not appear on the menu and they can't bypass it.

so far I only tested the plugin with
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = FALSE;

it may work with
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;

and I need to test that part - but some other day.

user add permissions in the garden box of the dashboard (generally administrators.)

It also will not have a problem co-existing with csakips plugin.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I meant its not just for admins, or dashboard usage ?

• Options

It's definitely not dashboard usage.

right now the current version - would most like be admins.

I'm going to post another version without userids, ipaddresses, and e-mail visible that would be allowed viewing for anybody who is logged in.

Give me a 10 or twenty minutes.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

kk coolies

• Options

version 1.1 - for general logged in members - no display of users e-mail, id number or ip address.

version 1.0 for admin users. - it does display users e-mail, id and ip address.

pick your poison.

• Options

I have a bit of of a bug for changing number of users per page.

I will update sometime.

currently if you want to change the number of users per page

in plugins/MembersListEnh/views/memberslistenh.php

change line 26 to

$Limit = 20;

or if you want 25 users

$Limit = 25;

• Options

Great :) paging was on the top of my to-do list and more, a dream

My front-end whishes would be the following fields: username, last visit, discussions/comments counters only :) but I can do it myself now...

Many thanks

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

Yes its pretty easy to modify.

especially if you compare version 1.0 and version 1.1

where I showed how to comment out columns in version 1.1.

Please post under the new discussion within the plugin section

If I don't respomd further to this discussion - you know why :)

I created a new discussion here

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21175/feedback-for-memberslist-enhanced

@underdog - can you close this?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited August 2012

I am busy for next few days @peregrine, finalising edits of our "main" in inverted commas project ( of which my username is the namesake )

I had put it on the shelf for 12 months, whilst we did some other stuff. Now is the time of reckoning ;)

Soon as I am done, will spend some valuable time lookign over your stuff, you are no longer in @x00's shadow ;) The two of you are GenieARSES ;)