Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moving discussions

ercatliercatli
edited May 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
The documentation (Discussion Management) tells how to hide, close, make sticky, or sink discussions. But I have noticed on some forums (I think including this one) that admins sometimes move posts to a different category to keep things in a logical place. Can anyone help me please - can I do this in 0.9.2.6, and if so, how? Thanks

Comments

• Edit the first post of the discussion.
  • Thanks. But I think I wasn't explicit enough (sorry). What if I want to move a post out of a discussion to another(because a new person just put it in the wrong place) without changing the whole lot? is that possible?
  • You mean shift just a comment or fork a discussion? I'd be interested to know if that's possible.

I think as admin you could copy details and make a new thread/comment but not with the original user name. Maybe I'm mistaken.
  • BenBen
    edited May 2006
    You can hide comments, or even whole discussions if you have the admin privilages. But forking of discussions can't be done.
    I've heard people ask this a few times, so maybe it could be made into an extension, you'd have to ask Mark.

@jakob_r You could copy the details and start a new discussion, but you're right it wouldn't have the original user name.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That would be pretty easy to do as an extension, I bet. But it's not in the core, no.
  • Has this been done yet? three years on it's a problem for me when discussions get hijacked and the topic wanders off the original. It would be very useful to be able to move, for example, the last three comments from a discussion and use them to create the first three comments of a new discussion.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Any takers? If anyone wants to make this for V2, I'm here to help...