Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error

motahcitymotahcity
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I get a fatal error message and cannot access the site. I can access the site from the control panel.

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in /hermes/bosoraweb069/b284/sl.lionslair/public_html/Forum/bootstrap.php on line 47

Can't tell you the version because I can't log on. May 2012 latest build and download.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Delete all *.ini files in your cache/ folder.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options

Fantastic. That did the trick. Thank You Very Much!!

OK, now what happened for the Fatal Error message to appear? I'd like to understand what caused it and if clearing the cache regularly will prevent future incidents.

• Options

Well, thanks for the help Tim. It's appreciated. I am learning Vanilla and without the help of this forum I'd be dead in the water. If there are maintenance procedures that should be implemented on a regular basis then I'd be equally grateful for direction to a guide, how-to or any other source.

Thanks again.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

the fatal error above with gdn can occur if you change the location of the source
    without clearing ini cache, also if you dropped tables, changed directories, imported database without clearing ini cache

e.g. /forum

to /forum2

maintenance
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21192/which-files-should-i-back-up#latest

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thank you for your response Peregrine.

Nothing was changed (locations, tables, directories) with the forum. It's the only part of Vanilla we use. No Blogs or anything else. It just popped up that error message one day out of the blue. I used Tim's advice (above) and cleared the /public_html/forum/cache of all .ini files. All that was left was and "empty" file and Smarty.

I'll stash the link to maintenance link, thank you.

I have a long way to go with learning Vanilla, so helping this Newbie is most appreciated. Especially on this weekend and so quickly.

Thanks again to you too Tim.

• Options

I got this error on our forum site the host admin said they just upgraded to a new version they asked if there was a vanilla upgrade or are having their latest stable versions from their vendors with run with php 5.4.6 compatibility.

trigger_error(ErrorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), E_USER_ERROR);

any help would be great the current version is 2.0.18.4