Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unlabeled checkboxes on the page

businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm working on a forum theme and today I noticed something odd: there is a checkbox next to each comment, plus one in the User Menu. When I click on them, a popup message appears asking me to do something with the selected comments/discussions. These checkboxes have the CSS class "AdminCheck", but I couldn't figure out what they are for, why they aren't labeled and, most importantly, why there's one appearing on the top of the page. It's true that I'm modifying the theme, but I didn't create it in the first place (I took the TraditionalChocolate as a base) and I can't really figure out what's going on here.

Below you can find a screenshot that shows the issue. Thanks in advance for the help.

screenshot

Tagged:

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

These are admin checkboxes used for bulk deletion of threads - you can disable them in your dashboard.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@kasperisager. Thanks for the answer. Could you please tell me where can I find this setting? Thanks.

Go to Forum > Advanced in your dashboard and you should have the option to uncheck Enable admin checkboxes on discussions and comments.

Oh, and you're most certainly welcome! Glad I could be of help.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

@kasperisager said:
    Go to Forum > Advanced in your dashboard and you should have the option to uncheck Enable admin checkboxes on discussions and comments.

Thanks again. Unfortunately, I don't have this setting in the page you indicated. Also, the "Enable admin checkboxes" doesn't appear anywhere in the whole Vanilla installation. I wonder where does it come from, then...

edited September 2012

I found out the reason of the issue: module Split/Merge was enabled, which caused the checkboxes to be displayed. This is why I don't want to give clients Admin access, no matter how much they shout. Obviously, "they didn't touch anything"...

My bad - the option is part of 2.1 I think. Anywho, glad it worked out!

P.S.: Clients with admin access is indeed a bad idea - you got my full support on that one

• What if we want these boxes, but want them to position correctly? The default theme draws them on top of other links and in random places like the other them above does. I tried different CSS in Chrome's debug panel, but nothing seemed to fix them.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Nilla_Wafer said:
    What if we want these boxes, but want them to position correctly? The default theme draws them on top of other links and in random places like the other them above does.

I have not run across this. What version number of Vanilla with what theme enabled exhibits the issue?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited October 2013

2.0.18.8 Default theme. Depending on size of window and area I'm in it usually is right on top of my Flag link.