Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Auth page shows JSON data, but login on forum doesn't work

CrowtonCrowton New
edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I'll keep this simple and plain if I can. I have read the docs and installed everything correctly.

Now all I need is to get the Forum to recognize my auth page.

For example, when I go to http://localhost/PROJECT/auth it displays the data that we all want. (username, email, client_id)

OK.. just to confirm everything works, I also use the test URL. That displays everything.. OK. Now what?

Vanilla still won't work and won't let me login. (I login to my website first, then go to the forum in that order)

I cleared my cookies and also tried incognito incase that would be an issue.

Anyone know what I can do? For the record, I am using PHP and the example files edited to my project. I am using the Yii-Framework to manage my user data.

Best Answer

• CrowtonCrowton New
    Answer ✓

I think I found the problem, for some reason my CSS and JS files are being loaded on my AUTH page so obviously this isn't a problem with JsConnect. Thanks for your time.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

What are you seeing when you test the connection? There is a link on the jsConnect list.

• Hi Todd, this is what I see when I use the "Test URL" in the admin panel:

test({"email":"test@test.com","name":"test@test.com","uniqueid":"3","client_id":"611187243","signature":"75cbca307930387fd46511896caf9834"})

I have testing mode enabled and secure turned off for now as well.

• Looking the "Sign in with PROJECT" button, I see in the HTML the button code and the href link:
    http://localhost/PROJECT/auth?client_id=611187243&Target=%2F&callback=?

So I manually went to that link and all the correct JSON data is displayed like in my previous post. Arg! Wonder what the problem is?

• CrowtonCrowton New
    Answer ✓

I think I found the problem, for some reason my CSS and JS files are being loaded on my AUTH page so obviously this isn't a problem with JsConnect. Thanks for your time.

• Please mark this as solved.. the problem was indeed a separate Yii widget being autoloaded.

This prevent this, don't use views to display auth info. (Still learning PHP myself)