HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Think this is from a spam message a while back

edited October 2012 in Feedback

Got this issue here on the forums.

Comments

• Can you explain a bit more? Did you lose your PM messages? Or is it just some SQL problems with vf.org?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2012

He's talking about "this forum" - which I presume means vf.org
    I've seen this problem before where a message is deleted before the user reads it. It remains +1 for any new messages you get. In older versions you could never clear the 1 except by setting the conversation count to 0 via phpmyadmin for that user.

@lucasbytegenius
    Maybe in this version you can send yourself a message and see if it gets cleared, when you delete your own message. You couldn't before, but maybe it properly checks now.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yeah, I'm talking about vanillaforums.org. There was a spammer sending out messages a while back and they got deleted, and it's been like that ever since.

Seems like sending myself a message fixed it.

• @lucasbytegenius

Seems like sending myself a message fixed it.

glad it worked for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.