Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can anyone help me figure out why vanilla // wordpress comments started acting this way?

edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Let me say that comments were working perfectly for a while and I think that the last update to wordpress is when this problem started happening, but I am not sure.

Comments sort of display correctly (if it's more than a few it just cuts them off)

but once you reply on the wordpress side it does this:

Another thing I noticed is that the wordpress posts no longer have the url/#vanillacommentsid url (which I prefer to not have but babby steps). I just don't know where to even begin with this. Using version Version 2.0.18.4 of Vanilla and WordPress 3.4.2. Site: http://atpr.me

I'm not embedding my forum, if that helps. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Comments

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Are you using the latest version of vanilla comments addon?
    Do you also have embedded vanilla? I think there is a clash.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited October 2012

Ha, I had disable embedded vanilla (since I wasn't using it) and enabled it and problem solved. Weird (probably obvious)!

THANKS A TON!

• @aery said:
    Are you using the latest version of vanilla comments addon?
    Do you also have embedded vanilla? I think there is a clash.

I realized that it works fine in firefox but not in chrome.

If you're referring to the Vanilla Forums Wordpress plugin, I'm using Version 1.1.12.

Oh well. I mean, majority of my users do use chrome but I don't seem to be seeing any complaints about it being broken since most people just go to the forum to post.

• just curious if there's an update to this issue (or if i'm the only one having it?). when i visit the plugin site from wordpress it just directs me to vanillaforums.org so i'm guessing someone that works for vanilla wrote it?

anyways, disabling embed vanilla (in vanilla) doesn't fix the problem.

this is one of the last things that i really want to iron out with my site.