Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

This discussion was created from comments split from: StopForumSpam - Reviving Users *bonks*.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Hi @peregrine,

I sent a comment through yesterday but I guess it didn't get approved?

Anyway, the forum has been on Registration: Approval since I set up the forum so I'm not sure how these guys are getting on the user list because I didn't approve them.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2012

@lament said:
    Hi peregrine,

I sent a comment through yesterday but I guess it didn't get approved?

Anyway, the forum has been on Registration: Approval since I set up the forum so I'm not sure how these guys are getting on the user list because I didn't approve them.

start a new discussion - since your problem is different than the title of the thread. Its also unclear where the spam is appearing, and why new applicants don't get the role applicant.

Also post a link to your site, what user roles do you have. check the permissions for those roles.

with botstop and applicant approval, the confirm email seems like overkill.
    botstop and applicant approval should be sufficient, one would hope.

. and read through this comment
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21772/how-to-delete-multiple-activity-spam-posts#latest

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    start a new discussion

Done.

There was an error rendering this rich post.