Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Where can i change the color of the yellow fade effect?

As the title says, i'd like to change the color of the yellow fade (happens if you post something in the forums).

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@keesha

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean?

• Options

If this is what you mean:
    If it is, then it is a element.stle that is added with some javascript. But if you find where you can edit it. Plz post you solution here :)

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

That is normally controlled by .Message, so I can only think you have a plugin enabled that is controlling this instead.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

it helps more she you post the site where the problem is happening. I'm a code sleuth and like the hunt for this stuff, please post url of problem page thanks.

• Options

zar3x was right i'm talking exactly about the yellow fade on his screenshot.

It doesn't look so good on darker or greyish themes with brighter font colors.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@keesha I think if you add this to the custom css it will fix that area.

li#Discussion_Item.Comment.FirstComment.Mine.Alt {background:#000;color:#fff;font-weight:bold;}
  • Options

Nah vrij, it looks like its in the core files as js, there is no way to do it with CSS.

IMHO a stupid decision from the devs, messing with the core files just to change a color is just ... ah nvm.

• Options

You failed to mention the theme you are talking about.

it sure looks like .css to me.

are you talking about only posts that you make. it is controlled by the background for .Mine and should be able to be controlled by custom.css

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited November 2012

@peregrine: No, he is talking about the fade effect when you post a comment. It uses inline-styliing which is applied and animated by some javascript (that submits your post and fades in your comment). Unfortunately I didn't yet go deep enough to explore how to change this behaviour...

• Options

@HalfCat said:
    peregrine: No, he is talking about the fade effect when you post a comment. It uses inline-styliing which is applied and animated by some javascript (that submits your post and fades in your comment). Unfortunately I didn't yet go deep enough to explore how to change this behaviour...

Exactly!

btw. she and not he, i beg to differ :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

what editor are you using? buttonbar? cleditor?

I don't see the fade effect on this forum.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

no editor at all, just the basic vanilla textarea.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

you have to be using an editor. specify your plugins.

are you using buttonbar, if not try it and see if you see the yellow fade in.

or post a link to your site with a test login.

• Options

As is said i use NO editors.

btw. the yellow fade was once a plugin for vanilla 0.9x, so i was able to disable it.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

then in that case you use the default editor. :)

try this and look for the the word "highlight" referring to textarea in js

modify the color to what you want for the focus

textarea:focus {
    background: gray;
    }

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

also you could modify the necessary instances in applications/vanilla/js/discussion.js
    or change it in your theme.
    the default jquery effect method is yellow.

you have to change it in the above script to whatever color you want.

e.g. this would flash red.

$('#Comment_' + commentID).effect("highlight", {}, "slow");
    to
    $('#Comment_' + commentID).effect("highlight", { color: "#ff0000" }, "slow");

or just comment out the effect in about 4 places.
       //    $('#Comment_' + commentID).effect("highlight", {}, "slow");

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2012

you can override js files just copy applications/vanilla/js/discussions.js in your themes js/ folder or vanilla/js/ folder.

change all

$('#Comment_' + commentID).effect("highlight", {}, "slow");

to

$('#Comment_' + commentID).effect("highlight", {color:'#669966'}, "slow");

entering your colour.

it may be that some thing will change between versions so be aware of that.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@keesha said:
    btw. she and not he, i beg to differ :)

Sorry!