Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Edit categories

I am unable to change the category. I noticed that one topic was in the wrong category. I click edit and there is a drop down that shows the categories. But I am unable to change.

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

This is somewhat the same as saying: My shoes are weird. What to do?

Point is, none of us (us being the community) can do anything to help you unless you actually give some kind of description of the problem you're facing. Please provide some more info and we'll be happy to help you in any way we can.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Sorry. I was not aware that there was more than one way to change this in Vanilla.
    I have made 3 category. (I really don´t know how to explain that part better) well maybe i can. In Vanilla forum you can create category. I hav created 3. Then I created a topic. i put one topic in one of the 3 categories i have created. When I went in to the forum again. (at a later time) I noticed that one of the topics was put in the wrong category. I then went into that topic and clicked on edit. When doing so i was able to edit the text. And it looked like I could move that topic to another category. (another of those 3 i had created earlier) But I was unable to do so. So my question is. How do I move one topic from one category to another category.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

you should be able to move from one category to another when you edit the discussion - as long as you are able to post to those categories. make sure that Display root categories as headings is NOT checked.
    also make sure that you have permission to edit the discussion under the default category permissions under your role.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.