Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

All plugins generating: "The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error"*

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• @Shahrum said:
    I too am seeing this... specifically the message says "Success" but will not truly activate. This happened after upgrading from 2.0.11 to 2.0.15.

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:

Success

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm getting the same issue just now. It just came up all random.

-k0nsl

• And your Vanilla version is....?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I recently upgraded to 2.0.18.4 - same behaviour - "The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error: Success"

Plugins that were enabled before the upgrade work - all new ones that I try to enable get this error.

Hints anyone?

• Further to this - if I disable an enabled plugin, then immediately try to re-enable I get the same error.

• You need to go at you hosting,file mgr and restore all the file to a date ware you forum was workin fine..I fix mine this way,whith the same problem.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

hints... general things to do and check when upgrading.

try disabling all plugins. make sure all your plugins are up to date.

did you run /utility/update after you upgraded?

is your config.php writeable? Are permissions for all your directories correct?

It's a good idea to delete all the .ini files from your cache.

try setting this - if it fixes it - you have a problem with rewrites

$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = FALSE;

if none of the above fixes it

• verify in your user table under attributes if the transientkey for your user matches the link for enable. they must match.

http://yourhost.com/vanilla/settings/plugins/all/ButtonBar/1L0GYPEZ8DIX

http://yourhost.com/vanilla/index.php?p=/settings/plugins/all/ButtonBar/1L0GYPEZ8DIX

in this case the transientkey is "1L0GYPEZ8DIX"

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I am facing this issue now in V2.0.18.4. All the above steps not resolved the issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@sktg
    You need to upgrade to V2.0.18.8 for security reasons and/or change the version requirements of the plugin to match your version if they say something other than your version. If that is the reason for the fatal error. If it is a syntax error causing this, you must find the syntax error and fix it.

What plugins are giving you the error? Please specify or give screenshot of what the error says to be able to diagnose the problem.