Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bug: Sub categories displayes AFTER discussions

Hi! Your plugin is exactly what i'm looking for.

I have a issue though.

My sub categories displays AFTER/below the discussionslist.

I would really want the plugin to display BEFORE the discussionslist.

Is this a bug?

Comments

• I'm having the same problem.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2013

as he used AddAsset you should be able to reorder

Try replacing/inserting

$Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Content'] = array('MessageModule', 'Notices', 'NewConversationModule', 'NewDiscussionModule', 'CategoryModeratorsModule','Content', 'Ads');

with

$Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Content'] = array('MessageModule', 'Notices', 'NewConversationModule', 'NewDiscussionModule', 'CategoryModeratorsModule', 'SubCategories', 'Content', 'Ads');

Though check first to see it contains more things. essentially you want to insert SubCategories before Content

I haven’t tested this btw.

grep is your friend.

• Is this code supposed to be looked for in config.php, x00? I don't appear to have anything similar there.

• Okay, sorry to continue beating this horse, but adding that to my config style resulted in the following.

Is there a way to get them above the discussions but below the page title? That appears to be what vanilla and the plugin intends.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@PIXELovely said:
    Is there a way to get them above the discussions but below the page title? That appears to be what vanilla and the plugin intends.

No. Since it adds the subdirectories as an asset, it is fully rendered by itself and ordered per the configuration @x00 had you use. The 'page title' you are referring to is part of the content asset.

It is still possible to add the subcategories above the discussions, but it will require some view overrides in your custom theme.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited November 2013

Thanks for the response, @hgtongiht. I've been pursuing trying to add this natively to the theme in another thread, so I'm very open to doing that.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/195808/#Comment_195808