Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Tried to create config.php - forum gone?

superrunesuperrune New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, I am trying to set up Vanilla for the first time. I've been playing with it for a couple of days, having fun with the css styles, plugins and so on.

I was going to enable bbcode, and couldn't find any config.php file. So I created an empty one in the conf folder, and boom - I get the installer when trying to view the forum. When I deleted the empty config.php file, the installer is still there.

So, is my forum gone now?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• superrunesuperrune New
    edited January 2013

I could never find the config.php file in my original installation. It's supposed to be in the conf folder, right?

Also, should I point the new install to the same database, or will that mess things up?

• I tried to setup a new forum pointing at the same database. That gave me this error message:

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();
    Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

I guess it's trying to create another admin user in the same database. Any ideas?

• I tried it against a new database. This time it worked - thanks!!

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2013

config.php is created, if installation is done properly.

grep is your friend.

• It was all because of my FTP app, which didn't update the folder information. The file was there but I just didn't see it.