Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Two installations, embedded in wordpress, stopped working. How to duplicate?

jeezyojeezyo New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi there, so i had two separate instances of Vanilla installed in a folder inside of root (where wordpress is installed). like, forums/one and forums/two. Both were then displayed using the vanilla embed plugin, with the little line of javascript given. It worked perfect. For like 9 months. We didn't update it. Did nothing. Then one day last month it just stopped working. Not just the embeds, cant get to any forum pages. Just get 404's. I see in one of the forums an error log, and an error "class GDN not found.....bootstrap.php on line 47". Nothing on the other forum. I searched for solutions, tried deleting the cache files, nothing is working. So im trying to move on, exported the database with phpmyadmin, did a new install, tried to import the content, got an error about duplicate key. So icreated a new user, deleted the admin i just made so there would be no duplicate key. Now ive got this error:

`-- -- Dumping data for table `GDN_ActivityType` -- INSERT INTO `GDN_ActivityType` (`ActivityTypeID`, `Name`, `AllowComments`, `ShowIcon`, `ProfileHeadline`, `FullHeadline`, `RouteCode`, `Notify`, `Public`) VALUES (1, 'SignIn', 0, 0, '%1$s signed in.', '%1$s signed in.', NULL, 0, 1), (2, 'Join', 1, 0, '%1$s joined.', '%1$s joined.', NULL, 0, 1), (3, 'JoinInvite', 1, 0, '%1$s accepted %4$s invitation for membership.', '%1$s accepted %4$s invitation for membership.', NULL, 0, 1), (4, 'JoinApproved', 1, 0, '%1$s approved %4$s membership application.', '%1$s approved %4$s membership application.', NULL, 0, 1), (5, 'JoinCreated', 1, 0, '%1$s created an account for %3$s.', '%1$s created an account for %3$s.', NULL, 0, 1), (6, 'AboutUpdate', 1, 0, '%1$s updated %6$s profile.', '%1$s updated %6$s profile.', NULL, 0, 1), (7, 'WallComment', 1, 1, '%1$s wrote:', '%1$s wrote on %4$s %5$s.', NULL, 0, 1), (8, 'PictureChange', 1, 0, '%1$s changed %6$s profile picture.', '%1$s changed %6$s profile p[...]`

So im totally stuck! Can i import this database? im sure there must be a way. Or can i somehow magically repair the old installations? That would be awesome. Any help, guidance, pity lol, please...ill take it ;-) Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Vanilla installed in a folder inside of root (where wordpress is installed)

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are having htaccess misconfiguration problems. You have 3 separate applications vanilla 1 vanilla 2 and wp inside the root. Each app has it's own htaccess and so does the root.

You need to check what is going on there , and move the stuff to separate subdirectories. That way if one goes bad you don't wreck the others.

So im trying to move on, exported the database with phpmyadmin, did a new install, tried to import the content, got an error about duplicate key.

If you have resolved the first part, then this is the question to post. I would think that this part has to do with the config or the config defaults where this info is kept. Compare the two installations. Post a link to the problem if possible.

Look in here might help:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/170522/#Comment_170522