Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom rules for Karma bank

Is it possible to have Karma points be awarded when users make comments in a certain categories and not in others. In other words, how to setup a custom rule in Karma?

Thanks you.

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@x00 should be able to give a definitive answer, but I reckon it would require some coding.

• It is not really a custom rule but a new type of meta. You'd have to create the conditions for the meta value, and register it. Such a meta doesn't currently exist. Rules would work in the same way.

Sorry I won't be working on this for a while, or offering support.

grep is your friend.

• OK, Thanks.
    I haven't yet looked into Karma Bank code. I am not asking for support at this time. but thanks for letting me know.
    Last question - Is there a segment of the code that should be replicated and changed to accomplish what I am asking about?
    Perhaps I should look at the code first before I ask anything more!

• Like I said KB isn't concerned about how meta is made. You nearly register the UserMeta type, you have to the have a system for updating the meta.

grep is your friend.