Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there a way of posting discussions for specific usergroups

Just wondered, I have never delved into this on Vanilla.

Wanted to know if just admins, and mods etc could have discussions , that are not seen by other members.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I don't think that the permission reach the Discussion level, but what you suggest could be achieved by creating a Category and giving View permissions only to the specific Roles.

• Options

Exactly. We have a category here on Vanillaforums that only users of a specific usergroup can see (by the way, almost nothing is happening in that category). So it's based on categories and not on discussions itself.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Okies, so it doesnt show in category list for non specified users ? If thats the case, sweet.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Yep works perfect, cheers guys. God I am rusty lol. Weird because I have run some massive forums, with members in the hundreds of thousands. But funnily enough, havent played with perms on vanilla, as I dont ( until now ) run communities.

Thankyou