Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can i add extra page?

so basically what i would like is two extrapages, how can i accomplish that ?

also, has anyone has any idea on Version 2.1 ?

the settings for homepage do not have a link anymore where i can specify which page will be the frontpage view...... in version 2.1 i dont have the box where i can set up the homepage landing page.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

I don't know about 2.1, but you can make multiple pages using this plugin, I cloned it and made a Games page. Just change all the names to the name you want.

Essentially making plugin pages like this amounts to changing the names of the plugin to the new name of the page. Check out my Games add-on and compare it to ExtraPage, it is the same but only names change. Thanks to peregrine for making this possible..

class GamesPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin

or

class HomePlugin extends Gdn_Plugin

class KitchenPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin

class BonkPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin <<< to make your own Bonk page lol ? then you can route your 404 to this

• Options
    fr3em1ndfr3em1nd ✭✭
    edited February 2013

sweet thanks @vrijvlinder. :) informative as always :)

anyhow, you have any idea on setting a custom homepage? since in vanilla 2.1 they have removed the box where i can specify the homepage .. :|

• Options

set it via Routes DefaultController= plugin/ExtraPage internal

• Options

Thanks man you're the best :)

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@fr3333333x said:
    Thanks man you're the best :)

I think that, with @vrijvlinder , "lady" would apply. ;)

• Options
    edited February 2013

It's ok, I consider "man" to be short for "Human" :)

• Options

Thanks Madame :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

Version 2.0 of the ExtraPage plugin now has routing added and has been tested in version 2..1b1

But v's suggestion gives you more latitude when customizing, if the new version's ability doesn't meet your needs.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Very cool !! the prettify is a popular thing too , since the pages I made are based on ExtraPage does this mean I need to add this to them too? can't say based on if yours is better lmao :))

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

all the prettify does is done in your routing setup - you probably have it done.

e.g. on a localhost setup - the link is this.

http://localhost/vanilla2/extrapage

is the link on my localhost, just gets rid of the word "plugin" in your linkage not much more.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited April 2013

Good deal! I guess I did do some stuff to those pages each serves a different purpose. The games page is just a page with games in it lol some cool ones but it is just a fun page. That one is the most popular, probably with the game crowd or just a lot of people like games.

What I did that differs I suppose is I put in more html and gave classes to the parts so I could more easily edit the stuff within the custom.css . Some elements gave me trouble like h1 so changed it to h9 on the extra page and a few other things just to make the framework of the layout. I love this plugin, thanks for making it P :)

• Options

I was just wondering about multiple Extra Pages and there she was already with the solution!
    I am wondering, though, how I might make the next one accessible only to Members whereas the existing one is accessible to anyone who visits the Forum?
    It's probably obvious ... I'll use my usual excuse ... it's late here!
    BTW: Is there a place to donate to vrijvlinder?

• Options
    edited August 2013

to make ExtraPage/Plugin type pages not appear unless logged in simply remove the plugincontroller from force redirect plugin .

Is there a place to donate to vrijvlinder?

No, but you can donate to peregrine in my name. He is a more worthy cause for sure :)