Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My Vanilla forums will not work on a mobile.

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

Is there a fix for this my mobile is Android don't work get "Bonk" my mate's is I phone the same. I have read so many things but they all seem to go off in a tangent. Google says robots.txt maybe be the problem I have tride a few but they don't work. Is there some code somewhere to paste in the body?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

See if this info helps

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/171195/#Comment_171195

have you tried implementing any themes? do they work ? bonk can be anything

• Options
    edited February 2013

Thanks for your answer, vrivlinder
    To explain, I'm working on 7 expats forums for a North East Thai area. all work on laptops / desktops and 6 give a bonk error one gives this error, Oh by the way i'm not great at code but i can get by:

Fatal Error in Smarty.trigger_error();
    Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home3/hannahas/public_html/korat-expatsforum/cache/Smarty/compile' does not exist, or is not a directory.
    The error occurred on or near: /home3/hannahas/public_html/korat-expatsforum/library/vendors/Smarty-2.6.25/libs/Smarty.class.php

I'm trying to locate this now. But looking at it it looks like a differnt error Than just a mobile one.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

As the message says, you must make sure that you have a cache/Smarty/compile directory in your Vanilla folder, and that such directory is writable.

If you don't have that directory, just create it and set write permissions on it. That should solve the error.

• Options

I have checked the dir is there to make sure i over wrote it. But>" that such directory is writable???? and set write permissions on it" ?? not sure what this means.
    My son who used to the coding has disapeared in a beer bottle so i'm left to learn to part of the forums, coding which i'm having to learn it's only been two weeks So i need all the help i can get, Cheers a 66 year old expat from England!

• Options

Ok your problem is that you need to create a folder in cache called Smarty then another one in that folder called compile.

does not exist

This means you must create it :)

• Options

You mean just create dir in cache with nothing in them? or copy the whole file in?
    And both these dir in Cache?

Smarty-2.6.25

SmartyPlugins

• Options

thanks vrijvlinder, i'll try that and see how it goes

• Options

You mean just create dir in cache with nothing in them?

Yea no content in those folders