Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sitemap Plugin

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

If i put this into search >>>http://www.korat-expatsforum.services-thai.com/sitemapindex.xml
I get This >>>> This page contains the following errors:
error on line 2 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

I'm trying to find where the sitemapindex.xml is, normaly sitemaps and robots.txt go in the root dir. Where are these installed with the vanilla plugin.
I was trying to look to see if this was the error >> It seems that Google won't index a sitemap with a ? in it. So you need a stub.

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2013

you have a white space error. Most likely you are using a addon which is outputting whitespace before the <?xml, or have whitespace on a template.

Common reason for this is developers think they need to end theire script with ?> that means any white after that will be rendered. That is why it is always advisable to leave the ?> of the end of a php file, it will ext on EOF anyway. This is probably doesn't mean much to you.

editing the file will not help becuase there is nothing wrong with the views and the location is routed. What you could do is disable plugins one by one checking each time. Then if that doesn't work you could do a more through white space search.

It is good that you are validating your sitemap, good practice. But you won't have lost out because google is smart enough to strip the white space. However this white space could cause further problems elsewhere.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

ok yes it's sorted now thanks

• Options

@DenisS - FYI - I had trouble logging into your site using Twitter Connect.