Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Embed Image Directly in Post

I've enabled the DiscussionExcerpt PlugIn to show, quite literally, and excerpt from each discussion post on the main page. I wanted to know if there is a way to AUTOMATICALLY embed images attached through FileUpload so that they also appear in an excerpt on the main page. This would bypass the step forcing the user to click "Insert Image" and would instead automatically do it for them, whether in the form of thumbnails or a full-frame image.

Any help would be appreciated, or a quick "that's not possible" as well so that I can move on.

Thank you guys!

Comments

• Options
    kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited February 2013

For example, instead of attaching the images uploaded via FileUpload separate the body text, I would love it if they would go straight into the body text as thumbnails or ideally as full-frame images, as I have seen done with other forum software (i.e. a plugin for a SimpleMachinesForum).

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

you would need to link the image using the cleditor link image button and paste the url to the image. However that is pretty much the same thing as inserting.

File upload only uploads and attaches, it does not have an automatic insert option, but maybe you could add one....

You would need to modify the DiscussionExcerpt PlugIn to include thumbnails.

• Options
    lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

I committed a modified version of the FileUpload plugin that insert direct urls (as plain text) at the end of every message/comment that contains attachment (in your case images). Used in combination with Mediator plugin (embed images from a url that end with .jpg or similar) allow you show big size images in messages (my needs).

I have made a pull request to the source VF repo, but if you need it now this is the link https://github.com/lifeisfoo/Addons/tree/develop/plugins/FileUpload

I have used the DiscussionController_BeforeCommentBody_Handler handler: if this not works with excerpt just create your own event handler.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That is awesome ! I see you are helping to improve this place and update plugins and I admire that very much !! Thank you :)

• Options

This is a great mod, but it says it requires vanilla 2.1a.
    I modified the plugin file to say 2.0.18.4, but it still refuses to work. Any chance to make it work with 2.1a?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@ragdoll The requirement line is to prevent a plugin from being enabled unless a known working version of Vanilla is installed. Changing the version listed here will not change how the plugin works.

Some times the fixes are easy, usually they are more difficult. Other times it was just the version of Vanilla that the dev used to build it. Changing it is not recommended unless you want to test (and modify) the crap out of the plugin.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Ok, I did that trick (following a suggestion on the forum) with another plugin and it worked. I'll wait an answer from the developer, then.