Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

2.1 Show recent discussions for one category using class.discussionsmodule.php?

I am using 2.1a35. Is there an easy way to modify the code in the file, class.discussionsmodule.php to show only a certain categories' recent discussions instead of all the categories.

class DiscussionsModule extends Gdn_Module {
public $Limit = 4;
public $Prefix = 'Discussion';

public function __construct() {
parent::__construct();
$this->_ApplicationFolder = 'vanilla';
}

public function GetData($Limit = FALSE) {
if (!$Limit)
$Limit = $this->Limit;

$DiscussionModel = new DiscussionModel();
$this->SetData('Discussions', $DiscussionModel->Get(0, $Limit, array('Announce' => 'all')));
}

public function AssetTarget() {
return 'Panel';
}

public function ToString() {
if (!$this->Data('Discussions')) {
$this->GetData();
}

require_once Gdn::Controller()->FetchViewLocation('helper_functions', 'Discussions', 'Vanilla');

return parent::ToString();
}
}

Comments

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

You don't have to edit any core files to do this. Simply use the DiscussionModel class to get the data you'd like:

$DiscussionModel = new DiscussionModel();
    $DiscussionData = $DiscussionModel->GetWhere(array('CategoryID' => 100), 0, 20);

The above example will get you the first 20 discussions from the category with the ID of 100.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

@kasperisager Thank you very much, that does exactly what i need :D

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2013

Cool, glad I could be of help!

P.S.: If you need help displaying the data, just say the word.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub