HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MailChimp plugin feedback

lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

I have just uploaded a first version of this plugin that autosubscribe new users to a MailChimp list.

Can anyone give me some feedback if works with new users registered via external connection providers (FB, Twitter, etc)? I think that doesn't work with these due to different events fired during connection (RegistrationSuccessful event isn't fired during connect).

Thank you.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Good idea. What happens if I want to add the forum subscriber to an already existing list and it is already subscribed?

• lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

Not yet implemented :)

I'll take note of this (Next time you can directly fill an issue on github @ https://github.com/lifeisfoo/MailChimpIntegration/issues/ )

• Fatal error when trying to enable the plugin with 2.0.18.4:

MailChimpIntegration is missing the following requirement(s): Vanilla 2.1a1.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Have you tried changing the version to yours? that is for the 2.1 version. Try changing the requirements see if that helps.

@ObamaCare_Forums said:
    Fatal error when trying to enable the plugin with 2.0.18.4:

Inside class.mailchimpintegration.plugin.php change line 7 from 'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.1a1'), to 'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.0'),.

If all works please report here so I can downgrade requirements.

Thank you for using this plugin.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

I cannot enable the plugin this is the error Message>>

Please read the comment above.

New version uploaded. Works with vanilla 2.0 and added a feature to bulk subscribe all VF users (all members).

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@lifeisfoo: This is a great plugin! Thank you so much.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • @lifeisfoo: I was able to install and setup plugin. The option to subscribe to newsleter is there by the time of registration, but emails are not transfered to my list in mailchimp. I doublechecked several times api and list - both seem to be correct. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried using bulk subscribe? From there you can see any error in the connection.

• I created a new test list and it works well, but when I tried set it back to the initial one - it still doesn't work. Anyway I count the issue solved. Thanks :)

Thank you for using it :) Suggestions and feedbacks are always welcome!

• @lifeisfoo Update: Found out the exact issue with my initial list - had the name field mandatory. As this plugin import only emails - that was impossible. Fix - set name field to optional in Mailchimp list settings and find another way to import (copy-paste ;)) the names of your forum subscribers.
    If possible to automate name import as well - it will be very nice, but still thanks for the plugin - does awesome job.

Nice catch, I'll add this to the future feature list. Thank you.

• I have a fresh install of 2.0.18.8 and installed this plugin, activated it, inserted the api key and list id... and BOOM. It broke a lot of stuff.

When a user hits APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP here is the error:

Fatal Error in EntryController.FetchViewLocation();

Could not find a '/var/(deleted path)/plugins/MailChimpIntegration/views//var/(deleted path)/plugins/botstop/views/registercaptcha.php.php' view for the 'entry' controller in the 'dashboard' application.

The error occurred on or near: /var/(deleted path)/library/core/class.controller.php

775:          $this->_ViewLocations[$LocationName] = $ViewPath;
        776:       }
        777:       // echo '<div>['.$LocationName.'] RETURNS ['.$ViewPath.']</div>';
        778:       if ($ViewPath === FALSE && $ThrowError)
        779:          trigger_error(ErrorMessage("Could not find a '$View' view for the '$ControllerName' controller in the '$ApplicationFolder' application.", $this->ClassName, 'FetchViewLocation'), E_USER_ERROR);
        780: 
        781:       return $ViewPath;
        782:    }
        783: 
        Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.

Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
        Application Version: 2.0.18.8
        PHP Version: 5.3.2
        Operating System: Linux
        Server Software: nginx/1.2.8
        User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36
        Request Uri: /entry/register?Target=categories%2Fdiscussions

======================

It also broke facebook auto login. Users hits the facebook button to log in and gets:

Could not find a '/var/(deleted..)/plugins/MailChimpIntegration/views/redirect.php' view for the 'entry' controller in the 'dashboard' application.

The error occurred on or near: /var/(deleted...)/library/core/class.controller.php

775:          $this->_ViewLocations[$LocationName] = $ViewPath;
                    776:       }
                    777:       // echo '<div>['.$LocationName.'] RETURNS ['.$ViewPath.']</div>';
                    778:       if ($ViewPath === FALSE && $ThrowError)
                    779:          trigger_error(ErrorMessage("Could not find a '$View' view for the '$ControllerName' controller in the '$ApplicationFolder' application.", $this->ClassName, 'FetchViewLocation'), E_USER_ERROR);
                    780: 
                    781:       return $ViewPath;
                    782:    }
                    783: 
                    Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.

Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
                    Application Version: 2.0.18.8
                    PHP Version: 5.3.2
                    Operating System: Linux
                    Server Software: nginx/1.2.8
                    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36
                    Request Uri: /entry/connect/facebook?Target=%2F&display=popup&code=AQCn7qe0nDgQSns9ikBhz3YVWyZJWmPOTpLPzQhPjvUuqFibe0Tvvi2taY47K5nmpnhyE7jmRVEfXgBIbhE51cvjHv6m00exvaRFRB4DIf60XHlTenXpEJL8zuP1VSziUMB60JqJbENkMgNAFRvpQOVFu5vDZ64ZI3FBMPSlBZ6SB6ZGPOxD4eZAyXVQHX3eYazAgaJEq8ZQ-YimfQ2QCc7NbQjgcKi6zeILza3HLq-N_W9khU6OpsvnLUlKbu2CCZ1jbi9tfG0LQWYjvzsKNV7-5y6oAY7aciKP_Ehm5P2eeLU7DM

Any ideas???

Something is way off... hmmm....

Could you try to disable MailChimp plugin (also from /conf/config.php if your site isn't working) and see what happen?

• This is is going to conflict with any plugin that swaps out the registration pages

You have something like this

public function EntryController_Render_Before($Sender){
            if(version_compare(C('Vanilla.Version'), '2.1', '<')) {
                if (strtolower($Sender->RequestMethod) == 'register' 
                    || strtolower($Sender->RequestMethod) == 'connect'){//only on registration/connect page
                    $Sender->View = $this->GetView(strtolower($Sender->View).'.php');
                }
            }
        }

which is problematic becuase you are taking $Sender->View at face value, but it can be already changed.

really you should use

$RegistrationMethod = strtolower(Gdn::Config('Garden.Registration.Method'));

to determine the view

Though personally I think you should be using a softer less intrusive way to add the checkbox. The plugin can't all fight over views. Granted there has only been hooks there recently in 2.1 but in non critical scenario I wouldn't use these methods.

I may be contributing to this plugin shortly, once I've got the client go ahead.

grep is your friend.

Thank you x00 for the debug info, I'll fix it asap.

• No worries, I disabled it immediately.

Glad I posted.... It didn't come close to working so I assumed I had really screwed something up, even though the setup is straightforward.

REALLY WANT THIS PLUGIN. I await eagerly :)