Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Trouble with Email Notifications

I am new to Vanilla—Loving it so far. I apologize if this is not the appropriate category for this post...

I have just installed it for a small online community, and I have a user (only one so far) reporting some strange behavior with the system. He's getting email notifications of new posts and new discussions in categories to which he's not a part of. I've checked the permissions of the category, and his user group does not have any permissions to the category. I've checked the user group permissions and they're set to have no permissions to this group, yet, he's receiving notices.

I've tried to replicate the issue and so far have been unsuccessful. He has however, forwarded me the email notifications he's received and I can verify that he is in fact getting notifications from categories he's not a part of, or have permissions to.

The only things unique about his account (all accounts were added manually by me (site admin)), is that he requested his username be changed. That's the only thing unique about his account vs. others.

Anyone have ideas?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    Have you asked him to check his user preferences ? Have you checked advanced notifications ?

Ah ha! I didn't even notice the Advanced Notifications, and his group had it checked whereas every other group did not! Thank You.