Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mobile Friendly

Hi:

I've added 'MobileFriendly' =>TRUE to the class file for this Voting plugin in order to test how it looks/works in the mobile theme. However, it still does not appear at all in mobile. Do I include it just doesn't work in mobile theme, or is there another way to enable and test it? Does anyone know of a voting plugin that does work in the default mobile theme?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

All of these options people can access by going to the full site if they wish and if their browser works . There is a link at the bottom of the mobile page that goes to the full site.

some plugins require the panel to be rendered, the mobile theme is very basic and many plugins will not work unless you add what it does not have. They are defined not mobile friendly for a reason. Some might work if you change it to mobile friendly true, but other may malfunction. Also might affect the loading of the mobile page making the mobile theme mobile unfriendly ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

However, it still does not appear at all in mobile.

it does indeed appear in the discussion itself. I tested. But it doesn't appear on the discussions page. But as V says you would need to modify the mobile theme to make it work. I would say "not worth the effort."

if someone wants to vote on mobile - tell them go to full page view.

If a plugin displays in a panel (not the voting plugin which has other issues in display), it also will not work just by changing it to mobilefriendly. All mobilefriendly true does is allow the plugin to be picked up in theme, it doesn't mean it will work in all cases. You just need to be aware what is the function of the plugin and where does it display info - which asset, and then you can make a decision whether you need to change a million things.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.