HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bonk when enabling a plugin, how to resolve?*

UnderDogUnderDog MVP
edited April 2013 in Feedback
This discussion was created from comments split from: Featured Member.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• It probably wasn't anything with your ad-on, Probably just my stupidity.. lol

I used FileZilla, logged into my FTP account, went to forums/plugins folder and uploaded the folder.

After that, I went into vanilla forums and went to plugins and enabled it. I then clicked settings, and it asked how many users I wanted to be featured .. or something similar, and 1 was selected in the drop box. I clicked Save, then clicked on VISIT and it said "BONKERS there seems to be an error" or some similar error indicating there is an issue with the forum.

• @BrandonP said:
    I went into vanilla forums and went to plugins and enabled it. I then clicked settings, and it asked how many users I wanted to be featured .. or something similar, and 1 was selected in the drop box. I clicked Save, then clicked on VISIT and it said "BONKERS there seems to be an error" or some similar error indicating there is an issue with the forum.

And this is exactly the feedback we need on the plugins. After that, of course, don't give up, but try to resolve the problem.
    You know by now how to resolve a Bonk error, right?
    So if you have the details of the bonk error, please post them here in this beautiful new thread I created for you.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• To resolve the issue, I just deleted the plugin

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@BrandonP said:
    To resolve the issue, I just deleted the plugin

Thats not the way to do it! You reinstall it and figure it out. No really just try it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@Srggamer said:

Thats not the way to do it! You reinstall it and figure it out. No really just try it.

It's certainly an option, and that's valid. Nobody is forcing anybody here to use a plugin, they can do what they like. I certainly don't care.

On other hand, if one is not providing the actual error when getting a bonk and "just saying I got a bonk" it is not really even worth posting, just keep it to yourself, because it serves no purpose other then to clog the board with useless unanswerable questions.

But in reality, if your goal is to use something your approach is better @Srggamer

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I witnessed @BrandonP do that with the PIU plugin. He hammered it out with xx0 until it worked. So I just think he had no real use for this plugin and not worth the fight.

It is not easy to fix something when one is not very experienced. It can take days or weeks.