Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problems with Safari

Some of my readers don't see the upload button after clicking on the attachment link. They use Safari on Mac, but I don't have an Apple computer.
Do you have any suggestion on what could be the problem?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I use a Mac and do not have that problem. Do they have the same problem using firefox or chrome on the mac?

Can you link me so as to experience the problem?

• Options

The problem is only in Safari.
    This is a link to the forum http://www.fotocomefare.com/forum-fotografia

• Options

It seems you are using some kind of minifier ? Seems The js for the attachment is not loaded
    I don't know what this means psa_not_processed If you do have a minifier
    disable it to see if that fixes thing. I can tell you that the mac dislikes minifiers . That is the only problem I have ever had . I tried it and things went bad.

foto.png 355.4K
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I tested this in Firefox and psa_not_processed does not show up in the source code. I saw in the js that you are using consolidate plugin. maybe @x00 can shed some light in the matter.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@vrijvlinder said:
    I tested this in Firefox and psa_not_processed does not show up in the source code. I saw in the js that you are using consolidate plugin. maybe xx0 can shed some light in the matter.

Maybe @x00 could help too ;D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I googled "psa_not_processed" an it appeared to be to do with mod_pagespeed (Apache)

grep is your friend.

• Options

Well is Consolidate is the problem try disabling it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks, but the problem is only on Safari. Chrome and Firefox work on Mac. I would prefer not to have to disable a plugin for such a limited problem.
    Don't you have other suggestions?

• Options

I just gave you the suggestion, disable it an see if that is the problem

Also you seem to stack optimizations on top of one another, this won't necessarily improve your performance. Every operation includes overhead, and uses resources. Some optimisation will actually be slower if you haven't consider the capacity. E.g. there is not point running memory based things if you haven't go any, there is no point running file based things, if your drive speed is poor.

When you choose a solution you should choose it becuase it is right for your situation. Don't max out out solutions thinking it will better.

It is not Consolidate, the presents a html page when it should be css. I would first eliminate this, to see if it is really the problem.

Almost every optimisation, is a compromise, you have to consider what is important.

You are going to have to do your own investigation, in bug tracking if it is not reproducible it doesn't exist, and nobody promised you technical support.

grep is your friend.

• Options

This a javascript related issue.

It could be that they are on a mobile device that doesn't support conventional file upload.

It could be that minification corrupted the script, which wouldn't be related to Consolidate.

Have you tried plUpload plugin? it still has the option to revert to FileUpload, but covers more types.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Yes I agree with x00 . To start with, page speed has problems with firefox and safari, and surprisingly with chrome too. If you don't want to disable the stuff to see if that is the problem, then just leave it like that and put a little picture somewhere indicating which browser they should use to view.

But you are making your life more difficult. I personally can't see the purpose of page speed being fulfilled. Also it is not compatible with older versions of Mac. they no longer support some. Safari is a great browser and everything works on it. If something does not work it is the website that has the problem in my opinion.

You don't have to take my word at face value just check out google's own docs on the matter https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/page-speed-discuss

• Options

Ok, thanks for the comments.
    I use Page Speed for the entire site and it includes the forum by default. I'll try to exclude it.
    I'll also simply try a couple of other upload plugins.