Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

1.2.1 not working with Vanilla 2.0.18.8

Just tried 1.2.1 on a fresh install of Vanilla 2.0.18.8 with no configuration changes (other than enabling wysihtml5) and all I get is a regular textarea. Tried in Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Does anyone have this working?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

From the description

Besides that, it's compatible with all major browsers and degrades gracefully to a normal textarea on unsupported browsers. You won't find a more awesome and useful WYSIWIG editor anywhere!

That said, I was able to test it on a local dev environment and it worked fine in Firefox and chrome.

Are you getting any errors in your network requests?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Ok, I actually tried saving my post and got an error about a missing toolbar_view.php view. So thinking that views/toolbar.php was actually supposed to be toolbar_view.php, I renamed it and now all is working. So it looks like it's just a mismatch between 'toolbar_view.php' used in default.php and the 'toolbar.php' file that is actually on the file system.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@bfcam said:
    Ok, I actually tried saving my post and got an error about a missing toolbar_view.php view. So thinking that views/toolbar.php was actually supposed to be toolbar_view.php, I renamed it and now all is working. So it looks like it's just a mismatch between 'toolbar_view.php' used in default.php and the 'toolbar.php' file that is actually on the file system.

I think that it's a bug introduced after Kasper pulled my changes. I added the file toolbar_view.php, but I see that, in master repository, it has been renamed to toolbar.php. This issue is most probably an oversight in calling it.

Bug fixed in my repository, pull request issued to Kasper.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Lol, major feckup on my part - sorry 'bout that!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

edited April 2013

Fixed as of 1.2.2 - I have seriously got to stop releasing stuff after midnight when my brain's all messed up. Thank you so much for the help ya'll!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

I have 2.0.1.8. running. This is the only plugin I have running. It is not working for me. Funny as it works in 2.1 I am testing without issue. @bfcam did you get it working?

@adriansonline What error do you get?

@businessdad I get no error. That's the issue. I simply cannot see it. It doe not show up for me on 2.0.1.8 on three different installs I tried. I know it was mainly made for 2.1, though, so I guess I can wait.

@adriansonline said:
    businessdad I get no error. That's the issue. I simply cannot see it. It doe not show up for me on 2.0.1.8 on three different installs I tried. I know it was mainly made for 2.1, though, so I guess I can wait.

Are you using version 1.2.2? I tried it on 2.0.18.2, .4 and .8 and it worked correctly every time. I will have a look at it later, perhaps something else got "lost" during the pull request from my repository and Kasper's one.

edited April 2013

Yes I am trying 1.2.2 ---and even using the vanilla default theme.It's okay, though, it wouldn't be the first time I'm alone :)

@adriansonline said:
    Yes I am trying 1.2.2 ---and even using the vanilla default theme.It's okay, though, it wouldn't be the first time I'm alone :)

It seems that version 1.2.2 in Kasper's repository is different from the 1.2.2 I made. Some changes had been made when my changes were pulling into the main repository, which explains why my version always worked, while the one you got doesn't.

Kasper is now taking my original changes and he is going to upload an update soon. If you wish to get the working version straight away, you can find it in my repository: https://github.com/daigo75/Wysihtml5.

As @businessdad pointed out, his pull requests got modified by me after pulling them into the repo - was trying to stick to 2.1 standards as per the usual but it was not exactly easy when as I were writing stuff directly on Github and didn't have a chance to test it out (been back in Denmark for the past week on vacation). In any event, I've just released 1.3.0 which removes compatibility with 2.0 and works a treat with 2.1 - supporting 2.0 simply isn't my thing and it's probably not something I'll try again after the rather disastrous attempt I made last week :-) For 2.0 support, please use Diego's fork. Sorry 'bout the hassle with 1.2.x!

I restored Vanilla 2.0 compatibility in my own Github repository. I also changed author, version and a few other things, to differentiate the plugin from the original one.

Note: my intention is not to steal the credit (I kept a note pointing to Kasper's repository), but simply to make it easier to distinguish who works on what, since the two plugins keep the same name.

Thank goodness I thought I was going crazy.

This discussion has been closed.