Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

BBInsertBar 0.1.3

acctmanacctman New
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i'm using vanilla pre1 and my BBInsertBar loads then disappears after loading

Comments

• Options
    ok i figured out the problems it was the Meta Extension addon that was cause a conflict
  • Options
    no that isn't the meta extension, it only appears, when you click on BBCode or HTML at the bottom of the comment textarea
  • Options
    my BBInsertBar doesn't work on IE,but Firefox
  • Options
    what exactly doesn't work. For me it works fine in IE 6.0
  • Options
    Im having a problem with this. When I click on a bbcode button while replying to a disccussion at the bottom of the page, nothing happens. But when editing or creating a new discussion everything works fine. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    what format type is selected at the bottom of the textarea (text, html, bbcode)? If text is activated the bar won't work! You'll have to activate Html or BBCode, and it should work
  • Options
    same problem ... i cant insert bbcode, if i change from txt to bbcode - nothing happens!
  • Options
    Do you have Vanilla1 and the latest version from bbinsertbar from the add-ons directory? You need also the BetterBBCode extension
  • Options
    yes .. i update today to V1 ... i have the lates versions
  • Options
    The text when you hover over the buttons is in German, btw...
  • Options
    I changed mine to English it's not too hard to do. Great addon!
  • Options
    I also have all the latest extensions and am running V1. I also changed to English.
  • Options
    hutstein - I recently upgraded to v.1 and this extension stopped working. I have the updated versions of all of my extensions, and this is the only one that doesn't work ATM.

Any ideas? The symptoms are nothing happens when clicking the buttons anymore.
  • Options
    for me the extension works fine, do you have a java script console, for example if you use Firefox you could install the Developer Toolbar, because it would be good to see if there's some error.
    If possible you could also give me (maybe whisper) the url to your forum and I will look for this error...
  • Options
    Any chance of changing the Tooltips from German to English for this extension??
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    usually they were in english, but then I changed it for my own fits to german and once I've uploaded it with german tooltips, I will change it and upload it.

Edit: Ok, now it's in English
  • Options
    hutstein: strangest thing. Using Camino 1.02 the insert bar does not add the BBCode to highlighted text in the comment field, when making a new comment. It does nothing. But, when you then edit a comment, highlight the text in the comment field and then apply BBCode from the bar, it works fine.
  • Options
    take the latest BBInsertBar Version from the add-on directory and it should work
  • Options
    I have the latest and Vanilla 1. Really strange. Before all was working perfectly in Safari, it was just Camino that had the problem. Now Safari has caught it!!!
  • Options
    hutstein - Downloaded and reinstalled. Works like a charm now. ;)
    Thanks bunches.
This discussion has been closed.