Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

NewDiscussion button not firing signup modal for signed out users

When I sign out of my site, and click the NewDiscussion button, it doesn't prompt the login/signup modal as it should. Where might I have screwed this one up?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2013

It still prompts you to sign in, just not in a modal, right?

The new discussion button doesn't show by default for guests. Can you elaborate on your process of finding this issue?

Also, you should update to 2.0.18.8 for security reasons.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• No, it no longer prompts to sign in at all. When signed out, and I click the button, it takes me to a new discussion form as if I were a signed in user.

(Updating framework as we speak.)

How are you signing out?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Ah, I see. My issue is that the new discussion button is showing for guests. Where is that being controlled?

My wild guess is that you aren't signing out somehow.

Did you add the new discussion module anywhere? Did you add a link to a new discussion in your theme's default.master?

Either way, it should still prompt you to sign in if you aren't.

Try posting a new discussion after you log out.

Search first

• When I log out, it shows the Guest module as it should, and it will let me login/signup normally. But when I click "Start a New Discussion," it takes me to the new discussion form. I tried posting, but it didn't submit it, and just reloaded the form.

This is weird. What does the url for your sign out link look like?

Search first

What plugins are you running?

Search first

• Well, not sure what what did the trick, but I disabled and re-enabled my theme, and it fixed itself. :-/

If that fixed it, it had something to do with the cached theme files.

Cheers!

Search first

• Excellent help. Thank you sir.

• netigatenetigate New
    edited June 2013

@charliepratt said:
    When I log out, it shows the Guest module as it should, and it will let me login/signup normally. But when I click "Start a New Discussion," it takes me to the new discussion form. I tried posting, but it didn't submit it, and just reloaded the form.

this is exactly the same problem i have. i tried deleting the cache on the server but it didnt fix the problem. right now, people dont get that they have to login first to create a post

update: i also tried to re-activate the theme, but didnt work either