HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Bulk Edit Plugin Wishlist

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
edited May 2013 in Feedback

Hey guys + gals!

I have been working on a new plugin called Bulk Edit. It aims to add the ability to act on a bunch of users at once. I need help defining what actions to implement.

I came up with:

• Add roles
  • Remove roles
  • Remove users
  • Set roles (set the roles for users to this exact set of roles)

@peak came up with:

• Reset password

What other actions do you guys think would be nice?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

"Clear drafts", "Delete Messages", "Ban/Unban"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

In my wishlist: "pluggable" actions architecture (i.e. the possibility of creating new actions and let the plugin make them available. Talk about adding complexity. :)

• Options

I just realized that I didn't clarify what the intent was for this plugin. It hooks into the Users view and lets us edit them in bulk using some (as yet fuzzy on details) actions.

@Tama Do you just want to clear out all drafts? or drafts of a particular user? Same question with Messages. I really like the ban/unban suggestion :D

@businessdad If the user is able to figure out how to create a "pluggable" action, they could probably just mod it and submit a pull request. I know of one system currently in use that could help me figure this out (@x00's marketplace+purchase addons), so I will look into it. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

@hgtonight said:
    Tama Do you just want to clear out all drafts? or drafts of a particular user? Same question with Messages. I really like the ban/unban suggestion :D

Delete the messages of a bunch of users, maybe in a certain section - ie if permissions fail for a section.
    Draft clearing in general would be great, or maybe a toggle for users who haven't logged in for x months

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

This plugin has been released here: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/bulkedit-plugin

I plan on implementing resetting of passwords in a future update.

I think I am going to create a separate plugin for draft/message clearing. I am not sure on this.

Search first

• Options

Impressive plugin.