HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Updates to 'Glue' plugin (v1.1)

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited May 2013 in Releases

If you're using my crazy Glue plugin, I released a series of updates last night on GitHub and incremented it to version 1.1 and updated the README.

The use of glue_get_photo has changed. Instead of just providing a URL, it provides HTML (it's basically a guest-friendly alias for Vanilla's UserPhoto now). This fixes a bunch of inconsistencies in how Vanilla avatars work in a WordPress theme (banned user photo, default photos, Gravatar, and Vanillicon support for all!).

I fixed an issue in DateLastComment on Glue-created discussions and made authentication no longer lag in WordPress thanks to some GitHub help.

I also recently re-enabled spam checking on comments made thru WordPress, and Glue has a global variable for detecting closed discussions in your WordPress template now. I highly recommend making use of it.

You will want the very latest Vanilla on master (~2.1a41) to run this error-free. I snuck a couple minor things into core to sidestep a few annoying bits.

As ever, no guarantees or promises it will perform as expected. Backup everything twice etc etc and I'm not frequently around to answer questions.

My future plans for Glue are to move it even more in the direction of Vanilla being the master application. I'd like to either release a 'Baseline' WordPress theme that completely re-uses Vanilla's theming, or skip right to 1 single merged view for an article & its comments (redirect Glue discussions to the WP article URL, and borg the WP URL to actually show the discussion with the latest revision in the OP). I want to keep de-duplicating as much functionality as possible, favoring Vanilla as the canonical system but basically stealing all of WordPress's CMS properties into it.

No timeline at all for any of that. ;)

Comments