Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[2.1b] Bookmarking and editing returns error: "DiscussionController->Discussion not found."

ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
edited May 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Any idea what could cause this? This hasn't been a problem in the past, but now it happens whenever I attempt to bookmark or edit a thread.

I don't think I've made any significant changes as of late, either. ><

Comments

• Options

beta issues like this should really be done on github.

first issolate the issue by disabling any plugins.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2013

@Zhaan

I don't get that error, so as @x00 suggests, disable plugins and see if that has any effect.

Go back to the default Vanilla theme and see what happens.

• Options
    ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the help guys! It turns out the error was caused by a plugin called SEOCompanion. I guess it's not compatible with 2.1b atm.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

you might put a note about this under feedback in the plugin questions itself for SEOCompanion, if you already haven't already done so. - so we don't get lots of repeat questions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2013

@Zhaan what makes it not compatible in my understanding is the &$ before the Sender

I have been able to install and make work on 2.1 almost every plugin by simply removing the & from the functions and changing the version requirements or removing them.

public function Base_Render_Before(&$Sender)

public function Base_Render_Before($Sender)

SEO Companion has the &$ before the Sender, try removing it and see if it works.

you find these functions typically in the default.php or the class.pluginname.php of the plugin.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@vrijvlinder

I have been able to install and make work on 2.1 almost every plugin by simply removing the & from the functions and changing the version requirements or removing them.

keyword almost. but its worth a try. and if it works another one fixed for 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2013

Almost is one great escape word eh? Almost Free, Almost there, it has great comforting ambiguity veiled in hope :)

I am working on a plugin that almost works ;)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013