Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best way to get rid of spam?

Recently I am getting spammers subscribe, confirm their email and add several discussions. I can obviously remove them, but I'd prefer not having to do this.
I installed the antispam plugin and use recaptcha in the subscription form. My version of Vanilla is 2.0.18.4.
Except botstop is there something else I can do?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

You could change your registration process to Approval , it would require a bit of work but would mean you could filter out the obvious ones, you could also try http://vanillaforums.org/addon/akismet-plugin

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Thanks. The approval mechanism is too manual. However, I installed the Akismet plugin yesterday and now for the first time I have messages in the spam queue (default).
    Will see how it works.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Run the latest stable version.

You need to run 2.0.18.8 for security reasons.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thanks. I didn't see anything related to spam in the changelog.