HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thank you so much for the plugin!

edited May 2013 in Feedback

Great job, this plugin is very handy. Instead of looking for updates manually.

By the way is this an error? Version 1.1 is installed but new version is said to be 0.5. This is the default plugin that came with vanilla.

Version: 1.1 - WYSIWYG (CLEditor) A newer Version: 0.5 was added to Vanilla forums on: 2010-11-03 18:43:51 by: rak
Information: cleditor-plugin-0.5
Download: cleditor-plugin-0.5zip

Peregrine, all of your plugins are awesome. I use most of them :). I will definately consider donating when I have the money.
Keep working and making them better . Thumbs up for you.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

Great job, this plugin is very handy. Instead of looking for updates manually.

By the way is this an error? Version 1.1 is installed but new version is said to be 0.5. This is the default plugin that came with vanilla.

Good point. You did find a bit of a logic error, but the simple fix is change the word "newer" to "different" .

This happens If the plugin in your forum installation is not "updated" in the add-on section.
    Since you have version 1.1 and the add-ons is not 1.1 or 1.2.
    As, was pointed out, if you retrieve add-ons from github instead you will also see similar issues.

summary:

The Version Check plugin just tells you for the most part

Does version of addon on your local forum == the version of plugin at http://vanillaforums.org/addons

I should probably say a different version, rather than a newer version. You probably need to look at the date. and version of vanilla it is recommended for and make the logical decision.

Since everyone has a different technique for giving version number and dates.

It is more trouble than it is worth to compare numbers and letter and periods.

I don't see much of an update to the plugin unless I change "newer" to "different"

different* = it may be newer, check version and date and description to see if you want to update to different version

That is also the reason - I didn't add an auto-install - because you really need to manually look at version number, date, and description and recommended vanilla version, and readme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yea, the word different would be good, but still it might confused more people. I thinks its fine as it is then :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

updated to show

1. cgi ownership
    2. current vanilla version for easy viewing
    3. easily view version number of enabled plugins, as well as phpinfo
    4. ownership and perms of config.php
    5. phpinfo

all rolled into one easy to use plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Running Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8 PHP Version 5.2.17

Version Check fails for me on posix function. Message is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid()

I suspect my environment is missing something.

Here is what the Version Check shows on PHPInfo in the
    "Configure Command" row:

'./configure' '--with-libdir=lib' '--enable-cgi' '--enable-fastcgi' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/web/conf' '--disable-posix' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl=/usr/bin/curl' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir' '--with-png-dir' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-mcrypt=/usr/bin/libmcrypt-config' '--with-mhash' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl' '--with-pspell' '--enable-soap' '--enable-wddx' '--with-xsl' '--with-zlib' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-zip' '--enable-apc'

If the culprit is the "--disable-posix" parameter, then how do I enable it?
    My service provider is GoDaddy.

Hope I provided the necessary info.
    Thanks,
    Roger

• Running Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8 PHP Version 5.2.17

Version Check fails for me on posix function. Message is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid()

I suspect my environment is missing something.

Here is what the Version Check shows on PHPInfo in the "Configure Command" row:

'./configure' '--with-libdir=lib' '--enable-cgi' '--enable-fastcgi' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/web/conf' '--disable-posix' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl=/usr/bin/curl' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir' '--with-png-dir' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-mcrypt=/usr/bin/libmcrypt-config' '--with-mhash' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl' '--with-pspell' '--enable-soap' '--enable-wddx' '--with-xsl' '--with-zlib' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-zip' '--enable-apc'

If the culprit is the "--disable-posix" parameter, then how do I enable it? My service provider is GoDaddy.

this is something to ask your host.

Hope I provided the necessary info. Thanks, Roger

alternatively if you have posix disabled - you could go into

/VersionCheck/views/versioncheck.php

look for these line....

echo "<tr><td>";
                echo "File owner:";
                echo "</td><td>";
                $owner = (posix_getpwuid(fileowner($filename)));
                echo $owner['name'];
                echo "</td></tr>"; 

echo "<tr><td>";
                echo "File group:";
                echo "</td><td>";
                $group = (posix_getgrgid(filegroup($filename)));
                echo $group['name'];
                echo "</td></tr>"; 

change it to

echo "<tr><td>";
                echo "File owner:";
                echo "</td><td>";
            //    $owner = (posix_getpwuid(fileowner($filename)));
           //     echo $owner['name'];
               echo "owner is N/A";

echo "</td></tr>"; 

echo "<tr><td>";
                echo "File group:";
                echo "</td><td>";
             //   $group = (posix_getgrgid(filegroup($filename)));
           //     echo $group['name'];
                echo "group is N/A";
           echo "</td></tr>"; 

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Peregrine -- the commenting worked -- thanks ! ! !

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

no need to do the above in version 1.6

fixed to auto-check if posix enabled or posix disabled.