Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Comment counts 1 short

Hi --

All of the comment counts on my Vanilla forum (2.1b) in my Stats Box are displaying off by 1.. 0 comments = -1, 2 =1, etc. Is there a known fix for this?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

replace the-1 with 0 in the stat box plugin

• Options

Perfect thanks.. any idea why that was in there?

• Options

no, but it happened to me and that is how I fixed it :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

aha - another question asked about a plugin that doesn't mention the author of the plugin or the title of the plugin in title.

suggestions

• 1 ask your question under the plugin.
    • 2 put the name of the plugin in the title if you are going to make it impossible to find the discussion the easy way (number 1) by placing it in the correct area. arrgh!

since the title doesn't refer to the plugin there is no tag and question is not located under the plugin - this will be asked endlessly because the discussion will be lost in space.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I think he was using hgtonight's statsbox plugin. But the vote plugin does it too...

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23781/feedback-for-plugin#latest

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

well then he should add a link under the stats box plugin to this discussion if he wants to help anybody else find the darn answer.

but that might be asking too much of someone. :(

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Sorry guys! I was using the Statsbox plugin my apologies!

• Options

I think it is confusing because it requires that you click ask a question from the plugin's page. Maybe there should be a notice explaining this?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

I think it is confusing because it requires that you click ask a question from the plugin's page. Maybe there should be a notice explaining this?

well, ask the question under the plugin, change the category to feedback and post the link.
    or post a link under feedback discussion that already exists - so that @hgtonight is aware of it.

it was indeed a question originally, wasn't it?

It's not overly challenging.

done.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Just noticed this. Thanks for the mention @peregrine.

Remove the -1 from line 43 if class.statsbox.plugin.php. I will fix it once i get back to my computer.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonighthgtonightsaid:Remove the -1 from line 43 if class.statsbox.plugin.php. I will fix it once i get back to my computer.

Thanks !!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Version 1.2.1 fixes this.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.