Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Having trouble with my install on Pagoda Git*

LucasKALucasKA
edited June 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone,

I am loving Vanilla, and really am sad that I didn't choose this earlier for my other forums.

Anyway, I am doing an install via Pagodabox (really cool, git based hosting/deployment solution), and I did everything per their instructions but am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function DefinePermissions() on a non-object in /var/www/library/core/class.session.php on line 318

On that Line is

if ($this->UserID == 0)
     $this->_Permissions = Gdn_Format::Unserialize($UserModel->DefinePermissions(0));

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Interesting, it means that the usermodel is not an object and that usually meabs that a 'user' wasn't created. Which actions did you try to do before you got this error message?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Because Pagoda is a "read only" environment, I set it up locally (working perfectly), and then pushed it to Pagoda via Github. Then I hooked it up to the DB on Pagoda, and imported the Database with the single user from my locahost.

Before I did that it had that inital Setup screen where you normally would create a user and connect the db.

• How about : either clearing cache/*.ini or pushing just the installation files to the server and then installing?

• I could perhaps try just installing on the server, but like I said before, its sort of a read only environment.

• Yes, but you need to google some more on pagoda read only, because there are tutorials about making pagoda less 'read-only'

• When I try doing that, and just setting it up on that initial setup page, I get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::Table() in /var/www/applications/dashboard/settings/structure.php on line 22

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited June 2013

What version of Vanilla are you using and what version of PHP do you have? If Pagoda Box runs its web server on a different port than 80, then this fix may make Vanilla return correct paths.

Open up "/library/core/class.request.php" and find the following code:

case 'HOST':
                   $HostParts = explode(':', $Value);
                   $Value = array_shift($HostParts);
                   break;

Change that to:

case 'HOST':

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• I'm reading an a tutorial direct from pagoda on installing Vanilla and its not working.

http://help.pagodabox.com/customer/portal/articles/175462-vanilla

• @Shadowdare

I am using 2.0.18.8

And that bit of code is not there, it looks like this

case 'SCHEME':
            case 'HOST':
            case 'METHOD':
            case 'FOLDER':

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited June 2013

Looks like that code for case 'HOST' is only in 2.1. You should give 2.1b1 a try, and if you get the same error, apply the case 'HOST' changes again to new file. http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.1b1

• I can change PHP to different versions, but right now its 5.4.14

• Looks like that change was already in the codebase

• Is there anyway to bypass that Setup page at the beginning of the install?

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

@LucasKA said:
    Is there anyway to bypass that Setup page at the beginning of the install?

use a config from another install if you really want to, but the setup generates a config, cache and configures your forum and is there for a reason xd

• Well I configured a local instance, and then deployed it live. I dunno why that setup form is stil showing.

• After you configured it all, did database tables get created?

• I got it, I dunno what I did in reality. But deleting the cache files on the server, and then directly uploading everything from local conf folder to the one on the server gave me a Bonk error.

Once I connected the server DB in config.php it is fine now.

What a pain in my ass (Pagoda, Vanilla is nice).