Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Commenting System without iFrame

Hello.

Vanilla Commenting System is great. I really love the idea. I'm currently creating a community service in Russia. The main search engine that the site is going to work with is Yandex (www.yandex.ru).

Yandex doesn't not index content within an iFrame.

I thinking about buying Vanilla Hosted Service plan, but I would like to ask a question first — is it possible to setup Vanilla Commenting System with WordPress so the comments would display as an inline HTML, and not in iFrame as it is right now.

Thank you.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Well if you look at the source of an embed, you will see that the iframe is only the container for an html document. You could technically copy the entire html document an use that. The iframe is for purposes of not having to add all that code.

But you could extract the html document and paste it somewhere like in a div type widget .

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Its possible but gets very tricky. If you are an experienced programmer than you will be able to do it (pulling comments from Vanilla database securely)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

@okinrav search for Glue addon for wodpress and Vanilla in Google.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

Привет приятель, посмотри в поиске фрилансера, хотя я уверен, что заплатил форуме дает поддержку. @okinrav hope you can read Russian.... (I can :D)

• Thanks everyone. That helped. @Srggamer yes, I can read Russian :)