Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to install recaptcha ( bluehost )

I installed the forum, got my keys its asking for, I don't have a clue where to fill in this information. There is nothing on my Cpanel for it, I'm guessing its somewhere else having to deal with php or mysql ? I feel like I should of been able to figure this out, but I am totally lost. - John

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2013

ok , you would enter this in the dashboard of the forum in the registration section, there are the fields to put in the api keys you got from captcha. Not having to do with php or mysql , this is very simple copy paste and save. :)

• Options

it wont allow me to log in, it says it has a admin but, did i skip over a password or something? checked my email all it says is installed fine blah blah, user name admin, so i go to the forum link and try to log in but i dont have a pw, i try to register and my emails taken...guess by me... i try to request a lost password and it wont send a email. i tried to register my other email and again i get the you need a recaptcha page. - my heads spinning. I'm bout to just pay someone to figure this out which i was really trying to avoid

• Options
    edited June 2013

ok, go into you config.php and look for

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Captcha';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPrivateKey'] = 'putinprivatekeyhere';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPublicKey'] = 'putinpublickeyhere';

the config.php is located in the applications folder

• Options

You can get reCAPTCHA keys here: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/whyrecaptcha

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

he got the keys but he is locked out because he did not set this up before and it set to captcha and he had not input keys.

There is a back way to log in or reset your password. Did you install using simple scripts? if so it should have had generated a password for you and they may still have it in the log. If you did not make a password, not sure what to do other than see if there is one in the data base

you would go into mysqladmin and look for the table GDN_User click it and you will see the list of users and their emails etc but the passwords are encrypted, but you may be able to make a simple temp one . I am not sure, I need more input from someone more experienced with lock outs.

You could also maybe set the member roles temporarily to be admin so as to let you in the dashboard. hmmm let me think ...

• Options

yeah it was through mojo, now it wont let me uninstall lol, grrr. I'll try to contact a tech in the mourning, if they could at least uninstall it so i could start over that be fine. I can just register another email thanx a bunch,

• Options

Ok how about you change the name of the folder the forum is in , and reinstall afresh one ? you can have multiple installs as long as they are in separate folders called different things.

like one can be called forum and the other foro then you can start new. once your are set up delete the old one after your permissions to uninstall get fixed by host

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

just change the config.php - change authorization to approval in the config.php

wouldn't that be the way to do it??

temporarily change it to this.

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Basic';

then forget about recaptcha, install botstop, and use approval method for registration.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

trying a reinstall at the moment be back in a few with results or a headache

• Options

got it!!!!!!

• Options

they give a pw right before the install, fuck i feel stupid, still don't understand why it wouldn't email me but im in now, thanks everybodyyy

• Options

Yeah, your host's web mail server probably is not configured right. I hope they can look into doing something about this.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

it all seems to be working fine, i havn't tried a password reset yet, i will later have to go to work, I am having issues embedding it in to my WP though. I need it to match/ sorta match my site cause my other section with the user submitted photo gallery is what is really going to draw in a community.

• Options

if you can't tell I'm behind. I understand how alot of stuff works but to actually write the code... im still learing haha. I know a lil php, don't know crap about data base's. i have legit sites but they are all simple "design" pages. This integration crap is all new to me.

• Options

if you private msg me I can send you a link to my project, don't want it public though cause it won't be live for awhile, and some Dbag might steal my idea haha

• Options

I am using the recaptcha from a company name 2captcha. It is too easy to use their service and their customer service is awesome. http://2captcha.com/?from=1118705 (it's a solving captcha website where they can earn money or can do automatization solve captcha via software). Better you can try with this company for a better experience on recaptcha.